Introduction to Music Business in Africa
Contact Hours: 12
Class 1: African Music Industry History
- Learn about opportunities that attracted majors to Africa in the 70s and 80s.
- Understand elements that led to the growth of the music industry in the 90s and 2000s
- Understand the roles of current stakeholders in the future of the African Music industry
Class 2: Music and The African Economy
- Understanding how other sectors of the economy interact with the music and creative industries
- Gain knowledge of challenges hindering the growth of the music industry in Africa
- Identifying opportunities for growth and development in Africa’s music industry
Class 3: Entrepreneurship in the Music Industry
- Understanding of company structure and starting a company.
- Identifying core roles needed in a company in the short and long term.
Class 4: Finance basics for Music Business
- Understanding basic bookkeeping.
- Basic understanding of resource management (financial, human).
- Knowledge of tax management basics for Africa.